More Photos!

McCalls 6503 pattern:





 This is actually the first version I made.  It is view A.  It has a ruffled collar edge.  I underlined the bodice and lined the skirt with batiste.  I did not lengthen the bodice in this version so although the fit is pretty good.  I can feel that the waist sits a bit too high.  I don't know, maybe that's the style, but I decided to change it with the second version.





So both dresses have their pros and cons.  The shorter one feels more casual and cute but the longer one fits better on my waist and feels more flowy.  I guess it just depends on my mood.  Well I guess I can now put this pattern away.  I'm pretty happy with my 2 new dresses!


Happy Sewing!

Comments

  1. Beautiful. I just picked up this Pattern . Tonight Cut out so in AM ready to Sew, The fabric i choose lovely Black with white Flowers. Thanks again for the Beautiful Dress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful! Good luck with the dress. I hope it turns out perfect for you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts