Ladybug dress

Ladybug dress is completed.  I ended up lengthening the front bodice piece just a tiny bit (maybe 3/4") to make the waistline even and balanced.  I kept the size 6 in the skirt as there is not much difference and the design is free in the hip anyways.  Otherwise, as previously mentioned,  I did a full bust adjustment on the front bodice with a side dart for a better fit.  The other thing I did differently from the pattern instructions is that I cut the waistband on the straight of grain rather that on the cross-grain as the pattern indicates.  I just wanted to have a really strong waist band that would not stretch out of shape.  I did a lot of topstitching on the waistband, pocket edge and top bodice edge because I really love topstitching pretty much everything.  I sewed the pocket edge at 1/4" seam allowance instead of 5/8"because, the bigger the pocket, the better!


Pockets are so nice to have on a dress.

I love the way the straps tie into a little bow at the back.



Here's the front bodice piece which I added a bit of length to at front centre seam because on the muslin, the waistline was tilting up at the front  and looked off balance.

I've added stay-tape to the top edge.  I used my rayon seam binding for this.


I did a lot of topstitching!
The End!
I absolutely love my new sundress.  I'm sure it will get worn a lot this summer.
Happy Sewing!

Comments

  1. Your dress is so beautiful and very flattering on you :) Pockets *are* so nice to have, aren't they? When I saw the title, "ladybug dress", I assumed it was a ladybug print. Though that would've been cute, I like red with the white polka-dots. Very feminine! Love the back bow too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rikki, haha no ladybug print here, just plain ole polka dots!

      Delete
  2. I commented already on the PR review but I have to say it again: thank you for the FBA photo! And I really love your dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad it was helpful! And if you end up making this one, I'd love to see it :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts