Icelandic Sweaters


I wanted to do a post all about Icelandic sweaters.  I am a huge fan of not only traditional Icelandic sweaters, but also Icelandic wool, specifically Létt Lopi; although I haven't tried the other Lopi yarns.   It's sturdy, warm and has a bit of a halo to it sometimes which I absolutely love!  There's a lot of fancy designer yarns out there with fabulous colours and feel soft but when your fabric gets bigger than the size of mittens or a hat, it drapes too much.  I don't like wimpy drapey sweaters that in a couple months look raggedy and old.  Létt Lopi is not a wimpy wool.  It actually looks better and better with time.  It'll start to felt slightly but no pills.

So, here is my most recent Icelandic sweater.  I completed it a couple weeks ago.  Check it out on my Ravelry page.  It's a super comfy sweater and finished just in time for spring.  No more winter parka!  Sometimes I wear this with a long sleeve shirt underneath and a scarf when walking to the river.




More pictures!









Now, here is a sweater I completed in January for my husband.  I've worn it a couple times myself.  It's just a little baggy on me but still looks good.  This sweater has a folded 1x1 ribbed collar that I really like.  It makes a nice finished edge.  Here is the ravelry post


Here's the inside to show the stranding.







This is the very first real Icelandic sweater I've ever knit.  I went a little crazy with the colours.  I had so much fun knitting this thing!  It's the same pattern as my husbands sweater.  They're so easy to knit and don't take too long.



So, I think I'm done with Icelandic sweaters for the time being.  Now that I have a couple in different colour schemes, it will be a while before I make another. They will definitely get a lot of appreciation and use.  On the horizon, perhaps may be an Icelandic fall jacket or something of the like.  Who's to say?

Thanks for reading!
Happy Knitting!



Comments

Popular Posts