Wednesday, 26 October 2016

Songbird Mittens


It's that time of year again!  Mitten weather!  I've temporarily shifted into knitting lately.  It happens every year.  I think it's the changing seasons that does it.  It's funny that the tilted earth orbiting the sun can affect even my sewing and knitting.











I've been absolutely enthralled with colourwork mittens.  So I want to share my Songbird mittens that I just finished yesterday.  I started these exactly one year ago.  Then they hibernated for most of the year.  I must have been distracted with some other project.  The good thing about UFO's is that when you find them, most of the work is already done!




These were made with Jamieson and Smith 2 ply jumper weight wool, which is fingering weight.  I really love this yarn; so much that I have a sample pack of all their yarn colours.




I really enjoyed making these mittens.  It's fun seeing the image slowly emerge.  I have a list of other patterns in my knitting queue.  We'll see what I'll complete this year.  But I'm sure I'll be back into sewing soon.


And here is a gratuitous photo of my Mammillaria plumosa in bloom!

Happy Knitting Everyone!










2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these are so beautiful! I'm in admiration of your even colourwork, mine is still a bit "bunchy".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Mine was a little lumpy too before wetblocking. It's amazing how much it "irons" out.

      Delete