Tuesday, 27 December 2016

La Joie du Printemps Mittens

Ironically, I completed my La Joie du Printemps mittens around the winter solstice, and spring seems a far-flung memory.  Nevertheless, it is a gorgeous knitting pattern, and it was a lot of fun to knit.  It's knit at a denser gauge than my Songbird mittens, so they're a bit more impermeable to wind.
We just had a blizzard yesterday, so it was fun to photograph these on fresh snow banks.


I used Jamieson & Smith 2 ply Jumper Weight wool which is a lovely Shetland yarn traditionally used for fair isle work.  I decided on a bright magenta with bright white contrast for a cheery design.  I have the complete collection of Jamieson & Smith shade cards because I like to see the colours in person before I order.  So it's fun to look at different combinations on the cards for colourwork.



 I used yarn colour 52 which is a bright magenta.  It sometimes appears red in photos, but you can see how it compares to 93 and 1403.




I really enjoyed making these mittens.  It's fun to see the design emerge.  I also find that knitting colour work is not painful on my wrist like other knitting is.  So it's a bonus for me!

 Well, these mittens will definitely keep my fingers toasty this winter.


If you're having a cold winter too, stay warm, and I wish you a cozy season.  If you're having balmy or summer weather well then lucky you!

Thanks for reading my blog and
Happy Knitting!


No comments:

Post a Comment