Thursday, 8 December 2016

Winter Sewing Ideas


There's no denying that winter is here.  Sewing summer dresses is no longer satisfying if I can't wear them now.  So,  I've officially shifted to winter sewing mode.  I quite enjoy winter sewing because there's no way I'd rather spend a cold wintry day than in my sewing room.  I probably accomplish a lot more in winter than I do in summer.

I decided to call them sewing ideas as opposed to sewing plans.  I guess I'm really focused on my pant sloper now and I don't want to commit to too many projects.  Nevertheless, I do have some awesome winter sewing ideas!


photo from www.asos.com


First of all, I would like to draft and sew a pair of fitted cigarette pants in a colourful cotton twill,  similar to the photo here.  I'm in the process of fitting my sloper right now.  I'll do a separate post all about it,  hopefully soon! (crossing fingers)  

I would also like to use my pant sloper to make a pair of dress pants or slacks, perhaps in a beautiful black wool crepe.  It would be so awesome to have a nice fitting pair.


I was also thinking of making this dress again in view C or D.  I love the way it fits, and I could always use a warm winter dress.  I would probably use a wool suiting fabric.  Something a bit less bulky than I used last time.

I've wanted to make Vogue 1513 for a while.  I even scoured the internet for the perfect fabric.  I couldn't find any wool crepe around here. I finally found some fabric I like from England.  So now I have to make it!

And, last but not least.  I could really use a new sweater dress!  I love McCall's 7430 with either the full length or 3/4 length sleeves because it would be so warm and cozy.  The only problem is finding the perfect knit.  I'll just have to keep searching.



So, there you have it.  I feel a bit better having put some of my scattered ideas down.  I'm on a roll with pant fitting right now.  It's a lot of trial and error but I am learning a lot, and I don't want to get distracted as I sometimes do.  Once I'm done with pants, I'll move on to dresses which are always fun.


I'll be back soon...
Happy Sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment